Trinity Reflex Build - Picture Intensive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well - I picked up the Reflex today. I will post some photos of the build process in the upcoming days. Taking my time, since I wont be getting the engine header and pipe for another 2 weeks.

So far I have assembled the front and rear diffs, as well as the optional front one way diff. I have also completed all four hub carries, pillow ball setups, and CVD's.

Only time will tell if this is a better kit than the NTC3 for racing, but so far I have noticed several things that impress me.

-The gear diffs vice ball diffs are much more fluid and well built
-The CVD's are titanium
-so are all the tierods
-4mm chassis compared to 2.5mm on the tc3
-carbon fibre shock towers, and upper chassis brace

there are other things too, and like i said, not sure if any of these features will show an improvment over the ntc3, but they do seem to be a lil better quality.

Another thing i have noticed is that Trinity's favour for style has crossed over into this kit. silly things like crome pulleys, two tone cvds pillow balls and the like, they spend alot of time on eye candy as well as performance. AE abides by the form follows function theory. The eye candy doesn't had any performance aspect to the vehicle, but it is nice to look at.

well, thats about it - as i said, i will post some pics in the next few days of the build process. still havnt decided between the 3 engines i listed in the engine forum. any ideas would be helpful

Here is the beginning of the project. The unopened box.

595001_01-med.jpg

And once the all the parts bags have been laid out to determain if anything was missing. nothing was.

595002_02-med.jpg

One of the nicest things about this kit is that it runs the lines of an 8th scale build, rather than a tenth scale touring car. Here is one example - the geared, silicone filled diffs instead of ball diffs. they are a lil more difficult to adjust, but are so much smoother. i choose to fill the front with 25,000wt and the rear with 80wt. this will give a nice balance and some push.

here is a photo of the completed diffs

595003_03-med.jpg

That looks like a solid racing car hope you can have fun with it.:D

thanks bmoc.

the photo below shows the completed pillow balls and knuckles as well as the titanium CVD's. also, in the background, u can see the servo saver with attached titanium turnbuckles.

595005_05-med.jpg

I have always thought building a kit would be awesome. It looks challenging though.

below is the completed front suspension. u can begin to see the quality and structural integrity of the suspension. one of my beefs with the ntc3 was that the front shock tower was attached to the front diff. during races, this would become damaged and make the car undrivable. the suspension setup of the reflex eliminates this

595009_09.jpg

the picture below shows the now completed rear suspension, and brake assembly. as u can see, trinty has chosen to use aluminium and carbon fiber extensivly throughout the car

595011_11.jpg

Hey NitroAddict did you already build this car? Oh by the way I like the finger in the first photo, just kidding. Also check you private messages.

here is a photo of the hardest thing i had to work on during the entire build process. My cat.

595006_06.jpg

everytime i would walk away for a minute, she would try to get up on the table and either bat the pieces around, or eat them. needless to say, I'm glad i had some spare bolts. I caught her sneaking up to the table when i took this pic.m

The next photo shows just how committed trinity is to detail. this is a pic of the shock shafts and plunger assemblies. as u can see, even they are aluminium. amazing.

595013_13.jpg

here are two more photos with the shocks installed and the carbon fibre top plate on. still have a ways to go. have decided to use the new Sirio .12TRP to power rthe vehicle. Installing a hitec 311 servo for throttle and a 635 for steering.
595016_16-med.jpg

595015_15-med.jpg

Pets can be a pain while building an rc I have had my experiences with them.

Looking good.

Very cool NA. It looks like the Reflex is belt driven. Is this correct?

GEEEEEEZ Tony! You been workin on that thing for twenty minutes now!! arent you done yet??? Looks good bro!

yes - it utilizes a 3 belst system. one of things i noticed that i also like is the direct servo linkage to the steering hubs. the turnbuckles attach directly to the servo horn. seems it will allow more direct control. shocks are also built like an 8th scale. very smooth. running 60wt in the front, 40 in the rear.

NA, it looks like it's going to be real nice.

update

well - the car is complete. only waiting on the engine, pipe and header. after completing it - i noticed that the belts are eally tight. if u push it, it doesn't roll very far. not sure if this is normal. anyone with a belt drive kit - can u give me some insight?

i have decided on the RB Concepts RODY V12 for an engine. should be potent enough i think. will be picking it up on friday along with the trinity one piece pipe and header.

here are some photos of the completed car.

1779bash9-med.jpg

1779bash1-med.jpg

1779bash4-med.jpg

i will post some photos of the engine when it comes in, as well as the final pics of the car, engine and everything together.

once it is broken in, i will post some comments about the engine performance, as well as the chassis itself.

NA, I am far from being an expert but I just got one with a belt drive and it is reeally hard to push. I havent had a chance to run mine, but I hope this helps.

Originally posted by bmoc2008
Hey NitroAddict did you already build this car? Oh by the way I like the finger in the first photo, just kidding. Also check you private messages.

That was not his finger LOL
chairshot.gif

msly u bastard, lol.

thanks gutterboy - just needed another person to confirm it.

Man NA that thing is superbad. I have to be honest you are making me want to get into on-road racing, that and the fact the just paved my street perfectly, and it has no traffic. I really like that Reflex, looks top notch. Good work!:clap:

Back