Traxxas Maxx V2 vs Traxxas Rustler 4x4 Ultimate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCLover_2024

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I was looking for a one and done RC Car and came down to the rustler ultimate and maxx. I drove the hoss liked the truck but flipped very easily so I definitely want something that is wide. I love the rustler but I want some ground clearance as I plan on trail riding it like a trx4, so the rustler might bottom out on some obstacles. I am not sure how well the maxx will handle but if anyone could give me suggestions or even other rc car options that would be great.

For trail driving I would just buy a crawler of your choice, most bashers have open diffs and don't have the right type of gearing that you'd want for trail driving.

For trail driving I would just buy a crawler of your choice, most bashers have open diffs and don't have the right type of gearing that you'd want for trail driving.
My best bet is probably a trx4, but I am looking for a all rounder. Something that will be fast, can go onroad, offroad, and on the side can come with me on my adventures.

This is why I have a Traxxas Summit, sadly they no longer offer the full-size, only their 1/16.

dcslxJs.jpg

This is why I have a Traxxas Summit, sadly they no longer offer the full-size, only their 1/16.

dcslxJs.jpg
I enjoy mine! It isn't the best at anything in particular but a great jack-of-all-trades fun truck. It would do everything the OP wants. (Maybe get a used one of these?)

For the OP's choices, I'd pick the Maxx. Definitely a bigger truck that if taken on a hike you don't need to worry about getting stuck on every branch or tree root you come across.

Monster trucks flip; it’s just a feature of their high cg chassis. I’d go with a Summit, but they’re hard to get nowadays. Element RC offers a large selection of trail trucks, but not usable for general bashing.

My best bet is probably a trx4, but I am looking for a all rounder. Something that will be fast, can go onroad, offroad, and on the side can come with me on my adventures.
A TRX-4 has a 2-speed transmission, you could drive it onroad. Just be careful about tipping.
TRX-4 Sport is a dedicated crawler, so unless you’re into that I wouldn’t recommend one (even though they’re cheaper).

Back