This is why you don't buy Traxxas...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may sound like a rant but hear me out, I personally i've had good luck with Traxxas products they're vehicles and electronics. But personally i don't really like Traxxas' electronics how they Nickle and Dime you for cooling fans and heatsinks that should come standard on whatever brushless vehicle they sell especially the 1\10 VXL models. And they also most of the time require you to use their batteries and chargers unless you want to run an adapter to run different batteries on their vehicles. And their ESC's beyond the VXL-3s are known to be unreliable and fail shortly after you buy the vehicle and you have to replace it and it's not cheap as well as their servos they fail really easily and when they work they are slow. Currently most of my vehicles are Traxxas and my XO-1 and my Slash 4x4 Ultimate i bought as rollers so i didn't have to deal with the stock electronics that come in them stock. and i think for the foreseeable future when i buy another Traxxas product i might buy them as rollers instead of RTR.

Screenshot_20231108-153052.png
Screenshot_20231108-153042.png
Screenshot_20231108-152930.png

In the actual picture of the LCG chassis conversion kit, they have 2 cap screws. Mine when I got it 2 years ago, never came with those cap screws.

Using a longer screw to connect the top and bottom plate by passing thru the bell-crank is an interesting idea, but a slightly shorter screw that doesn't need a nut might work, or put the nut on top, and use flat head screws from the bottom.

I only have one LCG 2WD slash... though it's more of a back-road setup (using shorter (Drag Slash) A-arms). I mainly run it on gravel parking lots short grass, or dirt lots and it works great for that.

I call it the Rash (Road-Slash)... I built it because I got the body and bumper for a super cheap price.

X8wxm9M.jpg

PaV9Ggx.jpg

Last edited:
This 13 page rant is my opinion of 6s Kratons and Outcasts, the two biggest money pits I've ever owned. My Sledge has only been carried back to the car once and it took a tree to accomplish that. Even bent and mangled it would keep on going for the most part.

This 13 page rant is my opinion of 6s Kratons and Outcasts, the two biggest money pits I've ever owned. My Sledge has only been carried back to the car once and it took a tree to accomplish that. Even bent and mangled it would keep on going for the most part.
I ran head on into a Sledge with my Kraton EXB, the Sledge had a tweaked front shock tower and a chip in the front bulkhead. The Kraton had 2 bent hinge pins, bent rear center driveshaft, bent front center driveshaft, screw for rear chassis brace sheared off and both rear brace pins were bent.

This is my opinion they all break if you drive them wrong enough.

My Outcast is my favorite truck but more than not my drives seem to end with an Amain order.

I bought a new original Traxxas rustler nitro and it was fast on the dirt, i should of kept it.
I also bought new there updated nitro rustler is was ok but i preferred the original.
Not mine but it was like this one.
1_af3db46f2c33a32a22a8584522a53065.jpg

Back