So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran about 4 tanks of Sidewinder 20% race blend through my OG T-Maxx w/a 2.5 in it.

F1D179A8-21A9-4F14-A0D5-ACA97CD9CEAD.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran my Savage and finally broke a shock shaft. Then I ran 2 tanks on the Slayer to break it in.
I my name is Andrew, I have a nitro ftx torow and I was breaking it in then the engine just seized up, I have tried to pull start it but it just keeps siezing up, what is your advice on this please.

I my name is Andrew, I have a nitro ftx torow and I was breaking it in then the engine just seized up, I have tried to pull start it but it just keeps siezing up, what is your advice on this please.
That doesn't sound good! I'd start taking of parts to find what I jamming up, a small stone in just the right place can lock things up. Could be a bearing or even the piston in sleeve at worst-case. But start simple to find exactly what is locking up

Welcome to RCT. I had one do that a few years back. Was idling through the 2nd tank and it seized. Piston was stuck at TDC. I heated it up with a hair dryer and it finally freed up and I was able to start it again. Try heating it up with a heat gun or hair dryer and hopefully that will get it going.

Welcome to RCT. I had one do that a few years back. Was idling through the 2nd tank and it seized. Piston was stuck at TDC. I heated it up with a hair dryer and it finally freed up and I was able to start it again. Try heating it up with a heat gun or hair dryer and hopefully that will get it going.
Agreed. Put some after run oil or 3 in 1 oil and heat it up a bunch then try to get it to move. You could take it off and try to turn the flywheel with a set of pliers.

That doesn't sound good! I'd start taking of parts to find what I jamming up, a small stone in just the right place can lock things up. Could be a bearing or even the piston in sleeve at worst-case. But start simple to find exactly what is locking up
OK thanks for your reply, someone else has said to heat it up with a heat gun and put some oil in to see if it could be freed.

Honestly I don't think it seized up. It sounds like it's just flooded. Take your glow plug out and turn the truck upside down to drain the fuel out of it.
It does this when it is flooded. After you drain it and put the plug back in, tightened the glow plug back in but then loosen it up a little bit and then tighten it back up after it starts.
Flooding it can also foul the plug so I would start fresh with a new one. .

Agreed. Put some after run oil or 3 in 1 oil and heat it up a bunch then try to get it to move. You could take it off and try to turn the flywheel with a set of pliers.
Thanks I will buy a heat gun and give that a go, at the moment I can't even turn the flywheel now because I have put the engine back in so I can't get enough grip on it, I will have to take the engine out again and try the heat gun, I know it isn't broken in yet but I don't think it should be that tight to turn the flywheel, do you agree with that, I am new to nitro so am learning as I go. Thanks, andys rc.

OK thanks for your reply, someone else has said to heat it up with a heat gun and put some oil in to see if it could be freed.
It is very tight to turn the flywheel when the piston nears the top s I don't think it is because it isn't broken in yet as it is very tight . Thanks andysrc.

Last edited:
I wish i could. i haven't ran nitro in 15 years and where i am living I don't have enough space and it's too loud.

I'm waiting on a sleeve to get repinched and to get my savage x in the mail :)
Hi my nitro engine has seized up and I can't seem to free it even after putting some oil in the piston, I can't start it with the pull cord because it is to tight, someone told me to use a heat gun, what is your view on this please. andysrc.

Hi my nitro engine has seized up and I can't seem to free it even after putting some oil in the piston, I can't start it with the pull cord because it is to tight, someone told me to use a heat gun, what is your view on this please. andysrc.
Take the plug out, heat the head to at least 200f and a good bit around the block so everything expands, then try to get it to turn. It seems like you let the piston cool down at the top of the sleeve and the sleeve has contracted. I did it recently on accident with my Alpha .28 engine during break in. Putting the piston at bottom dead center after a run is key.

Take the plug out, heat the head to at least 200f and a good bit around the block so everything expands, then try to get it to turn. It seems like you let the piston cool down at the top of the sleeve and the sleeve has contracted. I did it recently on accident with my Alpha .28 engine during break in. Putting the piston at bottom dead center after a run is key.
OK thanks for your advice, I will try that.