Shocks wont work with oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Hey whatsup yall, I recently bought these cheapo 12 dollar shocks off amazon and they seem decent quality, I bought some 25wt shock oil aswell cause I'm gonna put the shocks on a wpl c24, i try to put oil in they, i push out all the air bubles and wait an hour or so, there is no bleeder hole so I just fit the cap on snug and compress the shock till some oil comes out, I then tighten the cap and the shock is useless, please help, thanks

I like to build my shocks with zero rebound which means you compress the piston all the way up, place the bladder on top which will cause excess fluid to spill out, then screw the shock cap with the piston compressed. If you want some rebound then you can pull the shaft out just a pinch (before screwing the cap), like no more than an inch or you risk creating too much rebound and/or will hydro-lock the shock :(

Small scale shocks only need a drop or two of oil. if they are full it will have to much resistance.
They are advertised as being for axial scx10´s and trx4´s so I assumed they would work fine

Holes in piston are too small for the oil you are using.

If you are using 1/10 scale shocks, those are likely way too big for a C24. The C24 Is 1/16 scale.

Even if you mod the truck to use them, the springs will be way to firm for your little truck.

Got pics?

Holes in piston are too small for the oil you are using.

If you are using 1/10 scale shocks, those are likely way too big for a C24. The C24 Is 1/16 scale.

Even if you mod the truck to use them, the springs will be way to firm for your little truck.

Got pics?
Yea sure bro, what you want pics off? the whole truck is stripped rn. so basically I saw on youtube some guy doing an lcg build on the c24 and I'm tryin to replicate it but to my liking, I bought some cheap 70mm shocks off amazon and tried it today but to no luck.

I can't remember what length mine are. If I get a chance, I'll go dig it out and measure them. Are you mounting them at an angle then?

Remove the oil. Just leave a couple drops in them. The truck is so light you don't need oil in the shocks.
20210902_115805.jpg

20210902_120004.jpg

Yea I'm was gonna mount them at an angle, I only got longer and bigger shocks because I bought some long link rods that are for a 1/12 scale, I'm trying to increase the wheeelbase by a fair amount

When filling an emulsion shock the shock shaft and piston need to be pushed all the way in or up before tightening down the cap. If not the excess oil won't compress allowing the extra volume of a shock shaft to go up into shock body.

My SCX24 I'm running with no oil or springs
I also run my SCX24s full droop(no oil or springs). I also have a C24, and it's bigger and much heavier than a SCX24. However, its not heavy enough that oil will be beneficial. Just springs alone works fine......as far as I'm concern.

Back