Scx24 stock body question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treal makes good axles. There are lots to choose from now.
Too many!! I’m starting to wonder though if it makes any difference what brand you get.

Too many!! I’m starting to wonder though if it makes any difference what brand you get.
Just check out the reviews. A lot of the ones on Amazon are no-name Chinese parts. Treal, Meus, and Hot Racing are the brands I'd be looking at.

Just check out the reviews. A lot of the ones on Amazon are no-name Chinese parts. Treal, Meus, and Hot Racing are the brands I'd be looking at.
What about Injora?
Thanks 👍

It kinda feels like this…lol

IMG_9972.jpeg

You can sink hundreds into these little trucks. Close to $1000 if ya wanna go nuts. But they do fine with just a few mods. No need to go crazy.
What are you a Commie?!?! :eek: Ok, you might be right , but still! 😜

You can sink hundreds into these little trucks. Close to $1000 if ya wanna go nuts. But they do fine with just a few mods. No need to go crazy.
What mods are those? Maybe I should just stick to that to begin with.
My gladiator has upgraded wheels and tires, metal driveshaft. Upgraded servo, I’m getting all metal links, 39mm oil filled shocks, and I was going to do the axels. I’m considering just going with brass steering knuckles instead and maybe upgrade the trx4m axels.

What are you a Commie?!?! :eek:
Yeah? What of it? 😘
Untitled182_20240403171823.png

What mods are those? Maybe I should just stick to that to begin with.
My gladiator has upgraded wheels and tires, metal driveshaft. Upgraded servo, I’m getting all metal links, 39mm oil filled shocks, and I was going to do the axels. I’m considering just going with brass steering knuckles instead and maybe upgrade the trx4m axels.
For simple, cheap upgrades for a good performing rig... all ya really need are steering knuckles, diff covers, servo, wheels and tires, brushed motor upgrade, and links. That'll get you going. Heck, a servo and motor will make them pretty decent.

One of my favs is carbon fiber chassis rails. They are a lot stronger, (should be, but not sure) lighter, and look cool.

There have been a number of SCX24 builds on here. Lots of ideas.

Last edited:
Yeah? What of it? 😘
View attachment 187188

For simple, cheap upgrades for a good performing rig... all ya really need are steering knuckles, diff covers, servo, wheels and tires, brushed motor upgrade, and links. That'll get you going. Heck, a servo and motor will make them pretty decent.

One of my favs is carbon fiber chassis rails. They are a lot stronger, (should be, but not sure) lighter, and look cool.

There have been a number of SCX24 builds on here. Lots of ideas.
That’ll save me some moneys and probably my marriage 😂. Thanks for the info.
I noticed the improvement on my wrangler just with adding weight to the bottom of it.

Whoa, take it easy guys, we don’t want you starting an RC war!!

That’ll save me some moneys and probably my marriage 😂. Thanks for the info.
I noticed the improvement on my wrangler just with adding weight to the bottom of it.

Whoa, take it easy guys, we don’t want you starting an RC war!!
This truck has maybe $150 in mods.

Here's the parts list:
PN Racing motor/gearset/motor mount
Hot Racing steering links
PowerHobby 13mg servo (direct drop in servo)
Treal +5mm Extended Wheel Hexes
RC4WD 1.0 Stamped Steel Wheels
RC4WD 1.0 Rock Creeper tires
Carbon Fiber Frame Rails

The rest is all 3d printed cosmetic stuff.

Alright. I got my hands on a bluegladiator body.
So it has high clearance links, metal driveshaft, skidplate, 34mm injora shocks that I don’t know much about. I filled them with 25 wt oil to the top but I have heard people say you should only fill them half way.
Please school this newbie 🙏.
Thanks

IMG_9988.jpeg

IMG_9987.jpeg

So it has high clearance links, metal driveshaft, skidplate, 34mm injora shocks that I don’t know much about. I filled them with 25 wt oil to the top but I have heard people say you should only fill them half way.
Thanks

View attachment 187499

View attachment 187500
Oil filled shocks on these little crawlers is detrimental to their performance. Air is probably the best viscosity because you'd have to use oil with the consistency of alcohol to be remotely scale, and that would just leak out. And I bet your springs keep your shocks fully extended most of the time. You want a lot of droop on a crawler. I've not seen an aftermarket shock as good as the stock shocks.

On my 10.2 I use a few drops of 3n1 oil.
Oil filled shocks on these little crawlers is detrimental to their performance. Air is probably the best viscosity because you'd have to use oil with the consistency of alcohol to be remotely scale, and that would just leak out. And I bet your springs keep your shocks fully extended most of the time. You want a lot of droop on a crawler. I've not seen an aftermarket shock as good as the stock shocks.

Thanks

View attachment 187499

View attachment 187500

I put a drop or two of gun oil in mine just to keep them from binding.

Rats, it does stand fully extended and I have the thinnest springs on all of them…

So instead of the rc oil you use gun oil.
I wonder how thick mineral oil is.

Last edited:
Rats, it does stand fully extended and I have the thinnest springs on all of them…

So instead of the rc oil you use gun oil. I wonder how thick mineral oil is.
As long as it won't eat the seals, try it. Worse case scenario you dump it out. 🙃

Gun oil, 3 in 1, are we talking about the after market ones? The stock ones would leak 🤔

Gun oil, 3 in 1, are we talking about the after market ones? The stock ones would leak 🤔

After market. On the original axial shocks I just dab a bit of oil on my fingertip and rub it along the shock shaft. Supposedly the newest axial rigs come with oil filled shocks now.