my motor clicks when i shut it off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
another fusion pro, another new issue. seems the common factor across all my issues is user malefunction... sigh.. here i am again.
so i have the motor installed it APPEARS to be meshed correctly, did the paper thing.
when i power the car down, it grinds and clicks. its either the motor or driveshafts. and it could just me being overly worrisome.
but cmon you guys have seen some of how i drive.. reckless.

another fusion pro, another new issue. seems the common factor across all my issues is user malefunction... sigh.. here i am again.
so i have the motor installed it APPEARS to be meshed correctly, did the paper thing.
when i power the car down, it grinds and clicks. its either the motor or driveshafts. and it could just me being overly worrisome.
I have never seen a motor cycle like that when turning it off. That the Fusion Pro? Can you list your ESC settings?

@majin - just curious. Is your radio on while doing this? Always in this order: Radio on, car on. Car off, radio off.

Did you try this?
Screenshot_20240519_011054.jpg

Try doing a factory reset too, then recalibrate.

I would also turn the FOC off and see if that might be what's causing it. Setting #1: Running Mode - set it to Forward/Reverse with Brake (Normal Mode). Just to test. If that stops it from doing it, I would call Hobbywing. Brush up on your Chingrish first by reading this 10 times...
Screenshot_20240519_012921.jpg

It turns a few degrees when turning off... Probably some kind of bug, but doesn't look that problematic. 🤷

I was watching the edge of the nut in slow mo and it' definitely turns when you power down.

Is it calibrated?

I have the same setup and it's smooth as butter. Not sure there is any settings in there that would do that? User Guide below.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...o_for_Crawler-2300KV_540spec.pdf?v=1653260319
yes is calibrated per the hobbywing show

@majin - just curious. Is your radio on while doing this? Always in this order: Radio on, car on. Car off, radio off.

Did you try this?
View attachment 190310

Try doing a factory reset too, then recalibrate.

I would also turn the FOC off and see if that might be what's causing it. Setting #1: Running Mode - set it to Forward/Reverse with Brake (Normal Mode). Just to test. If that stops it from doing it, I would call Hobbywing. Brush up on your Chingrish first by reading this 10 times...
View attachment 190312
yes to those guys i did all the trouble shooting stuff before posting, i did the calibrqation with no pinion, the calibratioin with the hold power for 8 sec for the i dont remember test but i did em all

A sec

A sex change should fix your malefunction.
🤣 I can't help you out but I would just pull the plug if it's snapping hard on the drive train.

A sec

A sex change should fix your malefunction.
🤣 I can't help you out but I would just pull the plug if it's snapping hard on the drive train.
that worked 100 % silent on shutdown.
so i got a patch for my issue. i can wait for the reply from hobywing and still drive the truck, i didnt think pulling the plug would change anything lol.
it just powerd down tho.
thanks bro

that worked 100 % silent on shutdown.
so i got a patch for my issue. i can wait for the reply from hobywing and still drive the truck, i didnt think pulling the plug would change anything lol.
it just powerd down tho.
thanks bro
Castles have been known for switch issues. My first one i cut the switch and twisted the wires. From then on I just unplug it because the battery needs unplugged anyways.

Honestly if it were mine, I wouldn't worry about it, it really doesn't look that drastic to me either.

i was worried i was going to end up stripping something if i kept doing it
now ima just unplug it all good

I watched it at .25 speed to see if I can see what it's doing. It actually looks like it's hitting pretty hard. I would definitely want to find out why it's doing that, just in case there is an issue with the ESC that might cause it to fail later.

Who did you buy it through?

I watched it at .25 speed to see if I can see what it's doing. It actually looks like it's hitting pretty hard. I would definitely want to find out why it's doing that, just in case there is an issue with the ESC that might cause it to fail later.

Who did you buy it through?
hobbywing, was a replacement motor they sent me after the other issue i had with the motor i put in the ecto,
first motor twitched
second motor clicks
but they both perform well

yes to those guys i did all the trouble shooting stuff before posting, i did the calibrqation with no pinion, the calibratioin with the hold power for 8 sec for the i dont remember test but i did em all

Nothing personal. You would be surprised at how many people forget to calibrate. We've all done it.

Is the patch supposed to fix the issue?

Back