My budget trx4 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have it enclosed, but i have it in the loft in my house which can be very warm. I feel the carbon reinforced nylon is a bit more stable than non carbon as far as warping. Also, i dont really print large stuff with it.
The nylon i use is made by esun, the carbon petg i use is 3dxtech, and it is extremely nice to print

image.jpg

Well, spoke too soon haha. Broke the panhard mount clean off today. Printing another now, but I'm going to make a metal one that bolts on soon

some new injora boots for the trx. Just printing the first of 4 inserts now. Also picked up some more scale hardware (also injora). Nothing wrong with the krawlers and wagon wheels, just wanted to buy the truck a xmas prezzy!

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

Last edited:
I havent been around long enough to know their older stuff. I had mixed experiences with their 1/24 stuff a few years ago.
But the stuff I've gotten for the 1/10 trucks recently has been great!

Good looking trucks you have there, thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Monster rig, for sure. Great efforts!

Nice rig it sounds like.

My son wanted to run the truck with the blue sport body again, so I've switched it back to sport mode!
Some cheap amazon trx4 framerails was all it took. Kept the desert lizard shocks and 2 speed transmission in it, also running the traxxas inner fender kit and a lcg battery mount i made (also mounts the servo for the 2 speed. 2.2 wheels with some 5” tall tires.
Basically made my own high trail sport!

IMG_3425.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

My son wanted to run the truck with the blue sport body again, so I've switched it back to sport mode!
Some cheap amazon trx4 framerails was all it took. Kept the desert lizard shocks and 2 speed transmission in it, also running the traxxas inner fender kit and a lcg battery mount i made (also mounts the servo for the 2 speed. 2.2 wheels with some 5” tall tires.
Basically made my own high trail sport!

View attachment 190323

View attachment 190328
Great looking truck! What tires are those? I don't believe I've seen them before, but that tread looks really interesting. Are they soft and sticky, do they stick to the rocks well? Also, what servo did you use for the 2spd? I have the two speed and the diff lock conversion kits, that I haven't yet installed into my Sport, and they both come with the stock traxxas servos, which I have been told they don't last very long.

I have an AGFRC micro to put in my Capra, and have been told it is the exact same servo as the Reef's 99, apparently Reef's contracts those servos from AGFRC. Considering using them on the Sport, but if yours is worked well, then I might try that as well.

Great looking truck! What tires are those? I don't believe I've seen them before, but that tread looks really interesting. Are they soft and sticky, do they stick to the rocks well? Also, what servo did you use for the 2spd? I have the two speed and the diff lock conversion kits, that I haven't yet installed into my Sport, and they both come with the stock traxxas servos, which I have been told they don't last very long.

I have an AGFRC micro to put in my Capra, and have been told it is the exact same servo as the Reef's 99, apparently Reef's contracts those servos from AGFRC. Considering using them on the Sport, but if yours is worked well, then I might try that as well.
Tires are some hobbysoul baja claw cheapo’s off amazon, i bought them for the 5” height, and they have honestly been pretty good overall, about as soft as a proline predator compound but a bit less sticky for sure.
Wheels are injora.
Shift servo is a jx1181mg. I just had it kicking around, but it works ok. Could be a little stronger, but I've not had a problem with it.

Tires are some hobbysoul baja claw cheapo’s off amazon, i bought them for the 5” height, and they have honestly been pretty good overall, about as soft as a proline predator compound but a bit less sticky for sure.
Wheels are injora.
Shift servo is a jx1181mg. I just had it kicking around, but it works ok. Could be a little stronger, but I've not had a problem with it.
I have my Sport jacked up high as well, using the Traxxas lift kit and did have 2.2 RC4WD Mudslingers, but they are currently riding on the Capra. I plan on putting my 1.9 Hyrax on the Capra soon, though, so those Mudslingers will likely make it back to the Sport. It was inspired by a Mud Truck that Harley Designs built using a Sport. Mine started out as a TRX4 w/Traxx, and as such it was already sitting pretty tall with those Traxx. How did you build the LCG battery tray? Thank you, very much, for that! A fine looking rid, indeed, you've done well with it.

Back