Extreme E Reflective Chrome livery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Extreme E Reflective Chrome

Interesting livery. Might look good on a RC body. Looking at the images I am reminded of Tamiya's translucent sticker sheet from the late 1990s. Used it on my first RC build. It reflected differing color shades and patterns depending on how it was viewed. Used it on the window surfaces. Enjoy. 'AC'

That would make a cool SCT body, but I'm not sure I'd paint it all chrome. It kinda reminds me of a slimmed down Porsche Cayenne, but it looks a lot better.

That would make a cool SCT body, but I'm not sure I'd paint it all chrome. It kinda reminds me of a slimmed down Porsche Cayenne, but it looks a lot better.
Reminds me of a Nissan Juke
Screenshot_20230331_113248.jpg

Guys, actually have a JC 2012 Chev body on the wish list for the Rustler. Was even thinking about doing it in Tamiya Silver or Bright Silver before this Extreme E popped up on Email. Like to find a graphics sheet similar. 'AC'

I have all the Spazstix airbrush paints. Their mirror chrome is about the best I've seen. Alclad has a really good chrome paint as well.
slide4.jpg

The trick is getting an even, but light coat of the chrome applied, then back it with their black. I recommend some testing before doing an entire body, since applying it in reverse order inside a body is harder to do. It's not the easiest stuff to get right. Spazstix and Alclad have a black backer for their chrome paints, and you really need to use it as other blacks won't give the same results.

Back