Dual 8s capable Infraction.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts are starting to trickle in for my speed build. And one thing I found helpful when I raced motorcycles was to purchase hardware from eBay.
As an example one Kawasaki fairing screw can cost $5.00.
I can get every screw, nut and bolt for the entire motorcycle for twenty bucks.
Including at least a dozen of the five dollar ones.
So I got an entire Infraction hardware package with the tool package for 19.95.
It has all the screws and pins and shims.

IMG_5450.jpeg

It seems crazy that even with a good deal like that you still got screwed, uh get it? screws? Awww c'mon that was funny! Man you guys suck!
You better bolt before the hecklers start throwing hexes at you for screwing up this thread.

So the spool would not fit. The front motor place was not machined properly. The bearings would not go far enough into the bearing recess.
The tool chattered and left about .040 of an inch and I had to grind it out with a tiny Dremel tool.
Spins nice now.

I finally fort the batteries. Two 5000 ma spectrum smart packs and I scored a free charger.
Put this thing in the scale. It’s a beast at over 10 pounds.

IMG_5451.jpeg

So the spool would not fit. The front motor place was not machined properly. The bearings would not go far enough into the bearing recess.
The tool chattered and left about .040 of an inch and I had to grind it out with a tiny Dremel tool.
Spins nice now.

I finally fort the batteries. Two 5000 ma spectrum smart packs and I scored a free charger.
Put this thing in the scale. It’s a beast at over 10 pounds.

View attachment 187089
Why would you build this badass ride then put Spektrum dumb batteries in it? 😅

Why would you build this badass ride then put Spektrum dumb batteries in it? 😅
Ok there is a reason
I got the smart dual charger free.
I have two rigs. One for twice a month oval racing and one for speed runs.
The Spectrum batteries with free charger cost less than regular 4 s batteries and a castle combo.
I only have till the 27th before the first race. This gets me on the track and I can see if I need 8s to be competitive.

Ok there is a reason
I got the smart dual charger free.
I have two rigs. One for twice a month oval racing and one for speed runs.
The Spectrum batteries with free charger cost less than regular 4 s batteries and a castle combo.
I only have till the 27th before the first race. This gets me on the track and I can see if I need 8s to be competitive.
Gotcha. Well at least you're not fully unvested in them. Grab some CNHL Racing seeies batteries. They just had a nice sale. And they do that often.

I will probable keep the whole spectrum electronics as a spare system for racing.

I want think I need an 8 s system. The fast guys in this class are running X-Eay nitro cars converted to electric .
Super fast rigs.

The whole brake and brake light gimic is dead.
Sorry it was a cool idea that just won’t do what I need.
Even if I had three hands to operate so sort of brake it would melt the plastic brake caliper. The lights won’t turn on with partial application of a signal . Need at least 80% signal to turn on the LEDs

It escalated quickly into a problem that would cause more problem and add nothing.

Moving on. The chassis is out for delivery and I found a great deal on metal differentials. But that will be next week.

Even if I had three hands to operate so sort of brake it would melt the plastic brake caliper. The lights won’t turn on with partial application of a signal . Need at least 80% signal to turn on the LEDs

It escalated quickly into a problem that would cause more problem and add nothing.

Moving on. The chassis is out for delivery and I found a great deal on metal differentials. But that will be next week.
Bummer man. Still gonna be a cool truck though.

It woulda been cool but it is what it is.

Even the switch is a problem. I ordered two for 7 dollars. The don’t just turn on and off. They turn on, then turn off one side, then turn off that one and turn on the other, then blink, then get bright and fade every time you hit the button.

I got till April 27 to get ready for this and I am running seven cars in points championships and the next three are critical points races. And the season is over on the 28th.

I waisted all night with the brake thing.

Back to the speed build.

The roller came with nice metal Hot racing upgrade shocks so I resealed them and installed them on the race truck along with an upgraded Savoc servo for the steering.
Added an extension wire for the transponder and it’s about ready to race.

The speed build
The first step of the speed car will be getting a roller assembled.
I have a new bearing pack
I will use the new shocks I have and add hot racing metal parts.
I also will upgrade the springs for the added weight of a second motor battery and ESC .

I rebuilt the differentials but I think I’m going to upgrade them to all metal with steel gears. The alloy cases are not that expensive and steel diff gears rather than aluminum might be in order.

The rear chassis brace is used to mount the receiver and GPS so I want to replace the plastic mounting points for that with metal.
And some carbon fiber the fill in the space under the front control arms to help keep air out of the body.

IMG_5458.jpeg

IMG_5379.jpeg

The chassis showed up early and I got it mocked up. I’m taking out most of the plastic from the drive train. I got titanium drive shafts and think metal diffs would be a safe bet.

Everything seems ok . I had to drill one hole for the dual motor mount.
And I need to make a slight modification to fit the forward chassis brace. Not sure if it’s even needed so I’ll wait on that.

Next is to finish out the suspension and get it rolling.

I have the big springs. Need metal collars and shock tops for. Plastic shock tops crack and pop off.

So now we wait.

IMG_5468.jpeg

IMG_5466.jpeg

So I took my 6s infraction that is basically stoc except I upgraded to a Savox servo.

I made a couple passes up and down the street and the receiver and servo no longer function. The receiver binds but the ESC flashes red and no steering. I ended up replacing the receiver and gyro with stuff from my dragster and a Reefs servo.

Now it great again. The thing is so fast.