Can I dremel out this pin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can I dremel out this pin, which usually is supposed to hold the cylinder in place and make it not rotate? Why? Because this engine lost compression, and I want to put in another cylinder and piston, which are the same exact size and all ports are the same, but the place of that pin is different.

Pin I'm talking about:
20240508_124411.jpg

You might be able to pull it out with vice grips? You could also slightly grind a small notch in the cylinder same as what's there already. You could also cut it off if needed. Just be careful not to mark up any sealing surface in whichever you choose.

It's just a locating pin for the cylinder so it gets installed with the ports in the correct orientation.

Last edited:
Why not put the head on and give it a light tap to mark that pin location and drill the head?
I plan on using the same head. The head however does not touch this pin, the cylinder does... I don't want to go through the problems of drilling the cylinder
You might be able to pull it out with vice grips? You could also slightly grind a small notch in the cylinder same as what's there already. You could also cut it off if needed. Just be careful not to mark up any sealing surface in whichever you choose.
Great idea, I'll try the vice grips. If that won't work I'll just dremel as there's basically no sealed are to be damaged if I don't slip a whole lotđź‘Ť
It's just a locating pin for the cylinder so it gets installed with the ports in the correct orientation.
So if I remove this pin, will I not get problems of the cylinder slightly rotating during runs?

So if I remove this pin, will I not get problems of the cylinder slightly rotating during runs?
The cylinder shouldn't turn when everything is tightened down. The pins' purpose is so the cylinder gets installed in the correct orientation. Reason, it's easier and faster to install a cylinder with a locating pin than trying to line them up without one.

Back