Painting Tamiya Greens

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking to paint my next buggy body a dark green. Something close to a British Racing Green. And what color to back it with? Black? White? Silver?

Have wish listed the following Tamiya's: PS-9 Green, PS-17 Metallic Green and PS-44 Translucent Green. Which of those three backed (with black?) will give desired result?

Gas tank color of the attached image is what I'm looking to achieve. Penton ISDT image courtesy American Motorcyclist magazine, May 2024. Recommendations or suggestions welcome. -AC

20240506_105410_Ref. Penton ISDT from Am Motorcyclist May 2024.jpg

I would think the PS-9 will be the only one you would need. Back it with white. But looking at Tamiya paints in images online is never going to be an accurate way to judge what the final color will be. So you'll just have to get some scrap lexan or blister packaging and try a few combinations.

This is why I like my airbrush acrylics 😉 They're cheap, and I can mix them til I get the right color. Testing with Tamiya paints gets ridiculously expensive.

so many different shades of that British racing green. Id go with the 9 backed with blk.

Back