HPI Micro RS4 question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fotomatt1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I've pulled a bunch of early 2000s RC Car stuff out of my storage unit. One of my cars that I'd really like to resurrect is my HPI Micro RS4 Beetle. It mostly sat on a shelf and was only used indoors, so it's essentially perfect. I'll likely replace the body with something else, like a Porsche 911from Team Blue Groove. My issue is that I cannot find the original 4 AA battery holder and the only ones I've found online are for stupid money. I do have the additional battery tray that came with it so I can use a NiMH or LiPo, however I'm unsure of what I can use. I have a Novak SPY ESC with the original HPI micro RC connector. Is this connector compatible with anything available? I'd like to keep the original connector on the ESC since it is in perfect condition, so I'm hoping someone can help...or if someone has a Micro RS4 battery box they'd like to sell for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

What shape was it? long and narrow with stacked batteries side by side, or short with all four battereies back to back?

Amazon has lot of different holders for cheap, most have red/black wires with bare ends or snap connectors.

Back