How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80s and sunny next 10 days. Decided not to go camping so I'm doing day fishing trips.
The wife is a bit under the weather and it's just so much work loading everything up in the camper.
I'll do a single overnighter in a day or two.

Unbelievable, how close was this to you @WickedFog ?

Last edited:
80s and sunny next 10 days. Decided not to go camping so I'm doing day fishing trips.
The wife is a bit under the weather and it's just so much work loading everything up in the camper.
I'll do a single overnighter in a day or two.

Unbelievable, how close was this to you @WickedFog ?

That was in Lincoln Nebraska. Long way away from me. We did have some hit in Missouri, about 5 hours west of me. But the storm nearly completely fizzled out right before it got to us thankfully. I guess they had some big tornados in Oklahoma that killed some people 😥

Last edited:
Big storm fizzled out, sky started to clear, then about 30 miles south west of me a pop up storm with 60mph gusts and a tornado watch is moving towards me. It sounds like a warzone outside.

Nope. Tornado warning.😱

Tornado sirens 😱

Storm blew through in about 3 minutes. Wow. I can't take this stress 😨

Last edited:
More storm warnings on the way today. I knew this was gonna be a bad year. Breydon's school is letting out early because the storms hitting Evansville could be bad.
Screenshot_20240508_125905.jpg

I don't know how you guys in the Midwest do it. I couldn't live there, with all those crazy storms and tornadoes.

I can't stand Maryland weather.

We were in the 50s a couple days ago now in the 90s.

Cold and windy again today but nice weather starts tomorrow.
Thinking about heading out myself tonight so I can be on the reservoir first thing in the morning.

Cold and windy again today but nice weather starts tomorrow.
Thinking about heading out myself tonight so I can be on the reservoir first thing in the morning.
That sounds like a good idea. What's the overnight low gonna be?

High 40s but I sleep in my truck so it's warm.

I don't know how you guys in the Midwest do it. I couldn't live there, with all those crazy storms and tornadoes.
I have lived here in this same area 95% of my life. I have never seen a tornado here. We had straight line winds that took a lot of trees down about 25 years ago. Other than that, just some gusty winds here and there.

Then last year - 100mph winds. And so far this year I have already seen more tornado watches and warnings than I have in any other year here.

High 40s but I sleep in my truck so it's warm.
But it's going to be later in the morning hours before it warms up and the fish start biting won't it?

Not necessarily, it's been cool and guys have been catching Crappie.
Bass will hit anytime.
Crappie come on hot and heavy with the water temps start to rise, it's already started.
It's the damn wind that keeps me off the reservoir.
I've seen 3 and 4 ft. whitecaps on the reservoir when it's windy.
Not terrible with a personal pontoon but sucks in my kayak as you can well imagine. :D Done may me splain Lucy.

Not necessarily, it's been cool and guys have been catching Crappie.
Bass will hit anytime.
Never fished in the cold here except one time when I was a kid I cut a hole through the ice and dropped a line in. 5 minutes later I said hell with that and went sledding 😝

I'm not a fan of ice fishing, poor circulation means cold fingers and toes. No thanks.

One can only wish, booze and some of my meds don't play well together.

Tornado on the ground in Illinois. That storm heading my way. The same storm also divides and heads south towards Evansville. Kinda weird. Storm Prediction Center has yet to say anywhere in Indiana is at more than a 3 out of 5 risk, but it could get bad in Kentucky. @majin - keep your eyes open.

I wanna build this as an RC

Last edited:
Tennessee - man they are getting hammered. Watches in yellow. Tornados in red.
Screenshot_20240508-210053_RadarScope.jpg

Back