Got a basecamp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
My son picked out his first truck
I have bought him a few
He wasn't happy with them really tho also i let him pick a rtr on his own.
He decided he liked the axial basecamp grey body so we pickex one up from
team knk Booth.
Still stock other than the wheels and tires
I threw my prolines on em with the front wheel weights in
This thing was SO impressive!!
it trucked its way everywhere he tried to put it damn near.
Gonna widen the stance a bit
Lower it a bit maybe
Want to trim the front bumper or repla e it as that was biggest issue he had
If he could get the tires to bite it was up n over
20240506_184459.jpg

20240506_184508.jpg

20240506_184523.jpg

Oop i lied !! I forgot i also got him a slightlty stronger servo. Nothing crazy just a vanquish but its a vs1

s-l960.jpg

s-l140.jpg

Last edited:
Cool truck! Yeah those tires look pretty lame lol. Good trail tires though. It looked like it was kicking butt in the vids though. Good choice.

hes showed it off to anyone whos came by and been bragging big time abpout the trade i let him do. might notice we havent mentioned the everest 10... i let him trade it. he walked around and found someone willing to trade an ax24 for it. lol i lost my 2.2 inch rims and wheels in that deal. oof.
but he was stoked and wanted that little guy. then proceeded to run the battery ded around 15 times over next 2 days lol he loved it. so I'm happy with it.
one of those deals where everyone but my son got screwed a little lol, Joe is gonna have a hard time selling the redcat, and i lost around 200? or so on it in just parts wheels and tires.. worst part... now i gotta reorder those rims and wheels for the bouncer cause thats what they were for. i just let him run them for the weekend intending on putting them back on once we got home... welp good times lol

Excellent choice of trucks, very capable rig, not to mention so much aftermarket support, you'll be able to spend endless hours together, figuring out what you want to do with it.

Well I broke it
I swapped out the stock motor for a hobywing quickrun fusion pro
Took for short little test
Loved it
Well then I got a rope wrapped around the rear axle and snapped my portal gears.
Oopsie
Ordering a new gear
Was doing amazing before I happened lol

20240512_121156.jpg

20240512_121200.jpg

20240512_123642.jpg

20240512_123646.jpg

20240512_144805.jpg

20240512_145048.jpg

20240512_145056.jpg

I'm woth @Doom! I'm starting to hate you 😜

That is so sick man. That entire section looks like a lot of fun. That last big gap in the boards - I think you need to tighten that ip just a tad.

I love the slow crawl you get out of that rig and again, awesome course.

Back