ESC Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exitium

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I recently got myself the Hoshi N518 Raptor II 1/8 RC Truck

3670 2500KV brushless motor
130A brushless ESC

I really wanna confirm if its indeed a 130 amp ESC. Is there a way to check it and confirm that it is indeed a 130amp esc?

when i googled it it shows me different specs

Main Features:
Top configuration - 3670 2500KV brushless motor, 80A brushless ESC, 15kg high torque servo

says 80amp
http://www.hoshitoys.com/product/1639993211.html

then under it shows
Speed: 100km/h+
Ground clearance: 62mm
Brushless motor: 3670 2500KV, waterproof
Brushless ESC: 120A waterproof ESC
Servo: 40g, waterproof, 15kg/cm, 0.15 sec/60 degree high-torque
Shock absorber: hydraulic, 19mm ( diameter )

thats weird

V/I(R) (ohms law)Should still apply here although I've never tried it on this application. I'm sure someone here smarter than me can confirm.

V/I(R) (ohms law)Should still apply here although I've never tried it on this application. I'm sure someone here smarter than me can confirm.
Yeah, you're probably one of the smarter ones here with regards to that 😉

Then we might be in trouble. I've never tried it before but you would just divide the voltage being applied to the motor by the amount of resistance the motor has internally. You'd have to read voltage applied live under heavy load at the motor wires, then take a resistance reading of the motor isolated from the esc...... I think. Where's Greywolf when you need him?

I vote WickedFog idea. Science over theory results in a spectacular show. 🤣🤣

Test until failure. 🥴😁
I've read a post from one of Castle's engineers where he explains that they don't spec max current for their ESCs because it depends on so many factors, it's useless. Something like C rating in LiPos.

Last edited:
Ohms law rather refers to a situation in which both current and voltage are directly proportional. But your formula is correct😁

Is this the first and last time I'll be using this knowledge anywhere outside my school? I got this literally in my upcoming tests week

Ohms law rather refers to a situation in which both current and voltage are directly proportional. But your formula is correct😁

Is this the first and last time I'll be using this knowledge anywhere outside my school? I got this literally in my upcoming tests week
Did I just get schooled by a minor? 😱🤣

when i googled it it shows me different specs

Main Features:
Top configuration - 3670 2500KV brushless motor, 80A brushless ESC, 15kg high torque servo

says 80amp
http://www.hoshitoys.com/product/1639993211.html

then under it shows
Speed: 100km/h+
Ground clearance: 62mm
Brushless motor: 3670 2500KV, waterproof
Brushless ESC: 120A waterproof ESC
Servo: 40g, waterproof, 15kg/cm, 0.15 sec/60 degree high-torque
Shock absorber: hydraulic, 19mm ( diameter )

thats weird
This is the version 1 of it. It even had LCD on its TX. V2 didn't but it came with a 130amp esc

What's the reason you need to confirm it @Exitium ?
This unit isn't actually mine. It's a stock of mine coz I recently opened a local RC shop. I wanna make sure it is a 130amp esc so that the buyer could smack a 4~6s in it and wouldn't end up in flames.

That makes sense, thanks.