Sold / Found RadioLink RC8X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the NB4 has 8 channels.
Futaba 10PX has 10 channels

Not aware of any other 8+ channel radios unless its a AIR rated tx, or stick radio.

The Radiomaster MT12 is another one I forgot about. Online it says 16 to 32 channels. Guessing that is because of OpenTX and ELRS and whatever those things are. Probably because Radiomaster is popular for drones.
I saw that RadioMaster on Buddy RC, for the first time. I assumed that range of channel options is due to it being open source, thought others could add more programming for it.

I saw that Futaba, but it's like $1K. Unlike my firearms and my scopes, where I often to spend more on my scopes than I did the rifle, I try to spend less on my radio than I did on the rig. Sounds like the RC8X, and that price point was a case of too good to be true.

The Nb4 is only 4 channel unless you use 2 receivers. I haven't tried to do it yet but it looks confusing.
Thank you, for that, very helpful!

Looking more since I haven't been active on Facebook recently (my phone gotten taken away and i always forget my password)

I seen people opening up and putting new internal antennas on their radio, but so far it looks like none helped. And also resoldering antenna connections on the main board.
Looks like Radiolink used a omni antenna and some are replacing it with a dipole antenna. And something with ipex plugs.

Probably isn't something firmware related as people and myself tried multiple firmwares. Can be the hardware version.

And people are getting new rc8x radios and seeing the differences between a new one and their old one to see if anything changed.

Looking more since I haven't been active on Facebook recently (my phone gotten taken away and i always forget my password)

I seen people opening up and putting new internal antennas on their radio, but so far it looks like none helped. And also resoldering antenna connections on the main board.
Looks like Radiolink used a omni antenna and some are replacing it with a dipole antenna. And something with ipex plugs.

Probably isn't something firmware related as people and myself tried multiple firmwares. Can be the hardware version.

And people are getting new rc8x radios and seeing the differences between a new one and their old one to see if anything changed.
David, my friend, please keep us updated on their findings. I really like this transmitter, the screen is fantastic, and button placements are perfect, everything but that one little problem, it only works for like 10', and in that case you better hope you are running a rig that is slower than you.

I'd join those FB groups, but I don't have a FB account. Though I do have an Instagram account that I use for another forum I go to (not RC related), but it keeps getting banned for no reason, I've literally not ever made a single post on it. I think they are just trying to get me to keep sending in pics of myself.

Oh yea, I just realized. I was out with the rustler the other day. With my 4GS radio. I was at the local school parking lot. Me and the car, probably a few yards away. Guessing about 70 to 100 feet away. Not so sure. I'm terrible at guessing distance. But my radio cutout and it went full throttle for half a second. just like my rc8x, but more larger distance. Very open parking lot. A few light poles here and there. A few cars near the building but that isn't an issue. Can't pick up anything that I feel like would interfere with the radio. Was probably my first cutouts with that radio so maybe it was just a odd thing. But if I use it more later on and if its reoccurring like the other radio, yea ill start taking more caution.
Man, stuff like that scares the daylight out of me (sorry to re-open this thread) but it's the exact reason I went with my Radiomaster. My kids love to hangout with me while I'm out playing with my revo or my slash. And not only are they fast as, but the Revo is heavy as all hell. And I've had runaways with the factory transmitter. These things cost a ton of money, and could easily break by stuff like this happening or worse really hurt someone (me worrying about my kids mainly) if they get out of control and grab a mind of their own.

And with me wanting to get into 5th scale I didn't even want speed or low latency, fancy screen would be cool, sure - I just wanted consistency and programmable working failsafes. Cause man, I've heard some damn nightmares about runaways, especially with the heavier gassers.

So, thank you for making us all aware about the problems you've had with this radio in particular, it kept me away from it. Which although is unfortunate for you, I'm sorry you've been burned in this process in more ways than financially, it's put other peoples mind at ease with what they purchase having knowledge like this readily available on public forums. So I thank you for being honest and informative to us all. You're a real trooper for it, man.

Back