What to do with donated plane.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandlife

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
a flight simulator to start. then a new radio after.link you posted says it came with 4 channel remote with gyroscope

Keep in mind most WL Toys are starter RCs and it may not be worth your time and money. But if you want to fly it, I think your only choice is to replace the radio.

First I would make sure the battery is good. It looks like it's USB rechargeable and those batteries are not very robust.

If you can find the same radio from WL Toys you will need to bind the receiver to the radio and it "should" work. Or you could just buy and inexpensive radio & receiver and toss it in there, which is probably easier.

All depends on how much you want to make it fly.

I guess the question really is, is there a relatively cheap radio/receiver that would be worth using with this thing. Or just not worth the time and money?
Ill give it a good look over this evening, it does have a 2s battery in it, no idea what the connector is, or if the battery is usable. The plane overall looks like it has barely been used.

Here are the guts.
Not sure how a guy would bind a replacement tx if one was able to be sourced.
And to run a different receiver i suppose the elevator and rudder servos would likely have to be replaced as well, as they seem integrated.

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3406.jpeg

Here are the guts.
Not sure how a guy would bind a replacement tx if one was able to be sourced.
And to run a different receiver i suppose the elevator and rudder servos would likely have to be replaced as well, as they seem integrated.

View attachment 189451

View attachment 189452

Not all radios bind to all receivers, they have to be the same technology.

If you replace the radio with the same factory one, you can (in theory) bind it to the existing receiver. I say in theory because I'm not familiar with WL Toys radios at all. Check the docs if you can find them online. If you buy a new radio I would get the TX and RX with it.

Most servos have 3 wires, not sure what's happening there? They look like stamped steel too?

Is there a receiver in there?

The more I look at this, @Chubaka might have a good idea.

Back