Loose track conditions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Is anyone familiar with a good tire combination for the slash that will handle hard pack clay with a sandy top?

Never raced on sandy before, but the dust from our track has similar characteristics. Do you have a picture of the track surface? What tires are the 1/8th buggies usually running?

The Goosebumps, Bowties, and Switch would all probably do well. You could also dremel your stock tires, I'm having a lot of luck with the stock tires using an aggressive cut pattern into the stock treads.

I have got pics of the track on RCNT... but nothing close up on the surface itself. I will see what I can do to get a picture up this week. It is just orange clay packed hard. What I can do is try to get more water on it before a run. I just don't like to put to much down as clay is no fun to scrape off of your chassis. LOL

I hear ya there, I like it when the air compressor does the job for me.

I hear ya there, I like it when the air compressor does the job for me.

Right... it is much nicer to blow the dust off rather than chip it off for sure! LOL

i dont know how loose u are talking about but my trace is like all sand and i just ordered these and they work GREAT!!! http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRSK0&P=7. i didnt order the fromts though but i think i should because i slide alot around corners

Wow... those are serious sand tread. My track isn't quite that sandy, but you will have to let me know how those work. My track is hard pack clay with a sandy loam on top. Thanks for the info though.

no lol no beaches here but my track is new and when i made it i took my rototiller out and rototilled up all the grass then raked the grass away and then raked in some jumps. now that I've been driving on it more its getting harder and harder so eventuially i wont be able to use the tires anymore there. but ya as of now its like arcing on a beach. later tonight when my girlfriend comes with her camera i will have her snap some pictures so you can see it.

Back